At Search Engine Strategies in San Jose last month I delivered a presentation for the session Landing Page Utopia off an idea I had previously blogged – that the Google homepage is the greatest landing page ever created.
The presentation reviewed seven strategies Google employs and discussed how they benefited both Google and their audience. There is much we can learn from them and should apply.
1. Give your audience control over the delivery of content
2. Reduce choices in your presentation of content
3. Leverage the real-time web
4. Create targeting rules based on content
5. Design for goals, not personas
6. The conversion experiences we create have tremendous brand building power
7. Test constantly
Leave a Reply